RICK DEES MUSIC
(EFFECTIVE AS OF September 1, 2022)
TYPES OF INFORMATION RICK DEES MUSIC COLLECTS
Rick Dees Music has several areas where users can submit information to us, and we also have features that automatically collect information from the listeners of the Rick Dees Music Services and visitors to our Site.
Information you give us:
To enable you to enjoy certain features of the Rick Dees Music Services, we may collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information, during your interactions with the Rick Dees Music Services. For example, we may collect information when you:
- Register to use the RickDeesMusic Services, including subscribing to fee-based features of the Rick Dees Music Services;
- Enter information in your Profile Page
- Post comments on other community and social networking features that are part of the Rick Dees Music Services;
- Post content as part of the Rick Dees Music Services, such as audio-only content produced by you through our subscription-based features.
- Participate in polls, contests, or other features of the Rick Dees Music Services;
- Sign up to receive email newsletters or other notification services.
- Permit us to access realtime location information, such as GPS location, from devices you use to access the Rick Dees Music Services.
When you register, we ask you to provide your email address, age, gender, and zip code, as well as a password for your listener account. When you contact us by email, we retain the emails that you send to us. If we handle purchase transactions for any products or services directly with our users, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Please see our Subscription Policy for latest information regarding purchases of any paid component of the Rick Dees Music Services.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties and store it in our databases with other information (including personally identifiable information) that you provide to us. Some examples of these third parties are listed below:
- Service partners and advertisers that make features available through the Rick Dees Music Services;
- Service partners through whom we allow registered listeners to access Rick Dees Music Services;
- Marketing companies that create professional marketing lists or sell other marketing data;
- Other websites or applications that you have registered to use, or that people you know have registered to use, when we allow those websites or applications to interact through Rick Dees Music Services to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites or applications may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites or applications to opt-out of such sharing.
Information That We Receive From Other Listeners
We may collect information about you from people who have stored information about you when they elect to use our social networking or community features, or when they enable connectivity with another website or application where they have stored such information. For instance, your friends may have stored information about you in places such as their friends lists, address books, or photos on our site and other sites with which Rick Dees Music interacts.
We may also collect your email address when people you know share a channel with you, but we will not add your name to any of our mailing lists as a result of this feature.
Automatic Data Collection
Listening Tracking: Rick Dees Music incorporates software that is designed to protect the copyrights associated with the tracks you listen to and to ensure that artists and copyright owners receive applicable royalties. This software identifies and counts the songs you have accessed. We also keep track of your listening activity in order to enhance your listening experience and build a better service for you, which may include the number and title of songs you have listened to, the channels you create or listen to, the songs you skip, and how long you listen to a channel.
Service partners: When you access the Rick Dees Music Services through a service partner, we may add select aspects of your registration information (such as your email address), so that we can recognize to which of our Partners or other sign-in pages to send to you when you log on to the Rick Dees Music Services.
We also use third party advertising companies to deliver ads to you when you use the Rick Dees Music Services. In the course of providing this service, our third-party advertising companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser which collects non-personally identifiable information about your visits to Rick Dees Music, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personally identifiable information).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- To enhance the listener experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page and channel performs overall based on aggregate listener demographics and traffic patterns to those pages and channels. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic notifications and enabling you to participate features, polls, contests, and message boards.
- To send you information that you agreed to receive about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
- To alert you to Rick Dees Music Services’ latest developments and features.
How The Information We Collect Is Shared:
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances listed below:
- You provide information in the course of your use of the Rick Dees Music Services by participating in community and social networking features or other forms of public communication and interaction. In addition, we also make your channels available to those registered listeners who know your email address and who specifically request your channel.
- You elect to allow us to share information at the time that you register with us or provide us with the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election.
- When we hire or partner with third parties to provide specialized services on our behalf, such as credit card processing, sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment, data processing, customer/support services and special products or services that we choose to make available to our registered listeners.
- When you search for artists or listen to channels via the Rick Dees Music Services. Unless you make your Profile private, information about the artists, songs, and channels you have created or listened to may be made publicly available.
- When we jointly offer certain features or services with third parties, such as service partners that make features available through the Rick Dees Music Services, business partners through whom we allow registered listeners to access Rick Dees Music Services, advertisers, or marketing companies. When you use these features or services, you grant us permission to pass your Rick Dees Music registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
- When we work with a third party to provide personalization to the Rick Dees Music Services through connectivity to another website or application. We may also share your information with a third party when we jointly offer a service or a feature with that third party, such as connectivity with other websites.
- If you unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party, we may share your removal instructions with the third party so that your email address may be added to that company’s list of people to whom they will not send emails directly.
- In connection with a merger with another entity, or in the event of a transfer of all or some of our assets.
- When we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in a situation where disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to Rick Dees Music, our listeners or members of the public.
How We Protect Your Information:
We have implemented commercially reasonable physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personally identifiable information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Consent To Processing:
Please note that the information you submit to us may be transferred to the U.S. and other countries to be processed by us or our service providers in order to provide the Rick Dees Music Services to you or for such other purposes as set forth in this policy. If you are not a resident of the U.S., you hereby consent and agree that we may collect, process, use, and store your information, as discussed in this policy, outside your resident jurisdiction, including in the U.S. Please be aware that U.S. law and the laws of other countries where we may store and process your information may offer different levels of protection for information than may be available in your country.
How may I change my information?
To modify your registration information and email preferences: Click the “Profile” link in the Menu when you are logged in and click the “Edit” button.
To opt-out of newsletters, promotional or marketing correspondence: Change your account settings or follow the opt-out instructions provided in such correspondence. If you use more than one email address, then send your opt-out email from each of your email addresses. Registered listeners may also contact one of our support by visiting our Contact Us section.
To cancel or deactive your account: If you would like to request the cancellation or deactivation of your account, you should visit our Contact Us section and follow the Delete Account prompts. Cancellation or deactivation of your account does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you may have posted or otherwise made available publicly on the Service while you were a registered user. You should also visit our Contact Us section to request the deactivation of a profile you believe is fake or otherwise unauthorized.
Your election not to receive notifications, newsletters, promotional and marketing correspondence, and other notices from us will not preclude us (including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives) (a) from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, or (b) including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Rick Dees Music Services.
Our Policy Regarding Children
We prohibit registration by, and do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under 13 years of age. In the event we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from children under the age of 13, we will take measures to remove such information from our servers. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at our Contact Us section.
Your California Privacy Rights and “Do Not Track”
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, this policy sets forth that we only share personal information (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.83) with third parties for direct marketing purposes if you either specifically opt-in, or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of such sharing at the time you provide personal information or when you choose to participate in a feature on the Rick Dees Music Services. If you do not opt-in or if you opt-out at that time, we will not share your personal information with that identified third party for direct marketing purposes.
Further, if you are a California resident, you can request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use our Contact Us section or write us at:
BYO Network, LLC
P.O. Box 27740
Las Vegas, NV 89147
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com/.
BYO Network, LLC
P.O. Box 27740
Las Vegas, NV 89147